Panorama Hills, established in 1997, is a new suburban residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, located at the northern edge of the city, north of Country Hills boulevard. It was Calgary’s first e-community neighbourhood. Now it is a vibrant community ideal for families, located close to a variety of public, private and alternative schools, and churches, as well as multiple recreation, entertainment, restaurant and shopping options.
Homes & Real Estate
Panorama Hills is a new independent neighbourhood, where you can find beautiful, modern family homes. Most of the buildings are single-family detached homes that you can buy or rent. Only around 2.3% of housing in Panorama Hills is rented. The Panorama Hills real estate market is one of the best options and if you have a family.
Recreation & Culture
- Cardel Place 11950 Country Village Link NE, (403) 532-1013
With 195,000 square feet of fun, there really is something for everyone!
Cardel Place boasts a fitness centre, an aquatics centre, three gymnasiums, a climbing wall, two ice sheets (NHL sized!), a public library, a sports medicine clinic, and a café. It offers a wide range of structured and spontaneous activities for all ages and abilities. Plan your visit or drop in! Check the schedule here.
- Country Hills Golf Club, 1334 Country Hills Blvd NW,(403) 226-7777. The club boasts two elaborate 18-hole championship golf courses, which make it unique within Calgary’s city limits. The Talons Course was designed by award-winning course architect Tom McBroom and offers five sets of tees, ranging from 5,219 to 7,209 yards. The Ridge Course, designed by course architect Dave Bennett of Texas, measures 5,213 yards from the forward tees and 6,637 from the tips.
- Country Club of the Hamptons, 69 Hamptons Drive Northwest Calgary, (403) 239-1455
- Elemental Fitness, 49 Panorama Hills Pl NW, (403) 226-5808
- The 19th Hole Indoor Golf, 20 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 226-8688
The Country Hills Library, 11950 Country Village Link NE Calgary,(403) 532-1013
Parks & Green Spaces
Bowness Park, 8900 48th Avenue Northwest Calgary, (403) 268-3888
Nosehill Park, Nosehill Park, (403) 269-8289
In Panorama Hills, you can also find:
22 Panorama Hills Ht. N.W.*
400 Panamount Blvd. N.W.*
107 Panamount Dr. N.W.*
5 Panatella Co. N.W.*
5 Panorama Hills Vw. N.W.*
129 Panorama Hills Mr. N.W.*
7 Panorama Hills Cl. N.W.*
4 Panorama Hills Pl. N.W.*
809 Panorama Hills Dr. N.W.
30 Panorama Hills Rd. N.W.
11301 Harvest Hills Blvd. N.W.
1017 Panorama Hills Dr. N.W.
101 Panamount Gr. N.W.
33 Panatella Hill N.W.
31 Pantego Rise N.W.
*indicates the park has a playground
Panorama Hills is one of the best options for families interested in a variety of schools for their children, as it is located close to public, Catholic, and alternative schools. Families with young children can also find numerous nursery and kindergarten centres.
Students in the Catholic board attend:
- St. Jerome Elementary School, 11616 Panorama Hills Blvd, (403) 500-2115
- Notre Dame High School, 11900 Country Village Link NE, (403) 500-2109
- St. Elizabeth Seton K-9, 10845 Hidden Valley Drive NW, (403) 500-2105
Students in the public board attend:
- Panorama Hills School, 1057 Panorama Hills Drive NW, (403) 777-8389
- Dr. J. K. Mulloy Elementary School, 7440 10th Street NW, (403) 777-6640
- Sir John A. Macdonald Junior High School, 6600 4th Street NW, (403) 777-7670
- John G. Diefenbaker High School, 6620 4th Street NW, (403) 274-2240
Arts & Entertainment
- Empire Theatre, (Cinema), 300-388 Country Hills Blvd NE, (403) 226-8685. Previously known as Silver City, the Empire Studio 16 is equipped with self-serve ticket kiosks, many screens, comfy seats, and a snack counter. The good thing is that it’s never too crowded. Don’t miss cheap movie night on Tuesdays and don’t forget to keep an eye on the listings for movies not widely played in other theatres!
- Cineplex Odeon Crowfoot Crossing, 91 Crowfoot Terrace N.W., (403) 547-3329
- Deluxe Toronto Ltd, 40-2175 29th Street NE,(403) 274-5291
Attractions & Museums
The historical sites Reverend George McDougall Cairn and the John A. Lewis Rock Quarry are located within the neighbourhood, and it borders the Country Hills golf course to the south-west.
- Shoppers World, 27 Panamount Hts NW, (403) 235-2041
- CrossIron Mills, 261055 CrossIron Blvd, (403) 984-6800
- Deerfoot Mall, 901 64th Avenue NE, Calgary, (403) 274-7024
- Northland Village Mall, 5111 Northland Drive NW, (403) 247-1393
- Market Mall, 3625 Shaganappi Tr. NW, (403) 288-5466
- Beacon Hill Shopping Centre, 11500 Sarcee Trl NW, (613) 565-5864
- Beddington Towne Centre, 201 8120 Beddington Blvd NW, (403) 275-7971
- Country Hills Town Centre, 450 Country Hills Blvd. NE, (403) 289-2599
- Edo Japan, 130 Country Vlg Rd NE, (403) 226-8313
- McDonald’s, 177 Country Hills Blvd NW, (403) 226-9840
- New Dynasty Restaurant, 388 Country Hills Blvd, (403) 226-5828
- Saigon Pearl Restaurant, 9650 Harvest Hills Blvd, (403) 532-3999
- Wendy’s, 388 Country Hills Blvd, (403) 226-5882
- Amici Italian Grill, 500 Country Hills Blvd, (403) 226-5345
- Applebee’s Restaurant, 388 Country Hills Blvd, (403) 226-6160
- Boston Pizza Country Hills, 600-388 Country Hills Blvd, (403) 226-7171
The community is well-served by the Panorama Express Route 142 Bus as well as the Panorama/Country Hills Route 114 Bus .
Panorama Hills has direct access to the three major northwest transportation routes, which include Stony Trail, Country Hills Boulevard, and Deerfoot Trail, providing ease of access to any point in the city. Residents enjoy easy access via Calgary transit and are seven minutes from the Calgary International Airport.
- Canada Post, 500 Country Hills Dr NW, (403) 226-5787
- Canada Post, 11 Hidden Creek Dr NW, (403) 730-6152
CPS District 7 Location
11955 Country Village Link NE, (403) 567-6700
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Alberta Children’s Hospital, 2888 Shaganappi Trail,(403) 955-7211
Alberta Health Services – Tom Baker Cancer Centre, 1331 29 Street, (403) 521-3723
Foothills Hospital, 1403 29th Street NW, (403) 944-1110
Peter Lougheed Centre, 3500 26th Ave NE, (403) 943-4555
Coventry Hills Family Care Centre – Primacy, 100 Country Village Road Calgary, (403) 226-6715
Harvest Hills Medical Clinic Ltd, 715-500 Country Hills Boulevard NE Calgary, (403) 226-8647
Maternity Care Clinic, 178 96th Ave NE Calgary, (403) 735-4922
Medicentres, 220-5149 Country Hills Boulevard NW Calgary, (403) 241-8848
Odyssey Travel & Tropical Medicine Clinic, 208-2004 14th Street NW Calgary, (403) 210-4770
The Doctor’s Office, 207-8120 Beddington Boulevard NW Calgary,(403) 275-4611
- Panorama Chapel, 155 Panamount Boulevard N.W. (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)
- RCCG Living Faith Chapel, 88 Panamount Hill NW, (403)-681-7224 (Pentecostal)
- St. John the Evangelist Catholic Parish, 10845 Hidden Valley Dr, (403) 275-6500 (Catholic)
- Total Population (2008): 14,288
- Median household income (2005): $89,044
- Immigrants (2006): 41.7%
For more information click here
Panorama Hills Neighbourhood Map
Panorama Hills Neighbourhood Satellite View