Evanston is one of the newest residential neighbourhoods in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, established in 2002. It is bounded to the west by Symons Valley Road and to the south by Stoney Trail. To the north it is bordered by Rocky View County.
In Evanston, the architects’ only intention was to build a friendly neighbourhood. In every corner, you will discover architecture conspiring to bring people together, with fewer fences and more open spaces, verandahs and back lanes. This style of community planning adds up to a feeling of openness and allows neighbourliness to flourish.
Homes & Real Estate
Architecture is a cornerstone of Evanston’s neighbourly atmosphere. Craftsman, Foursquare and Colonial are the three dominant architectural styles selected by the six builders of Evanston to create a warm and inviting neighbourhood. These classic styles provide well-articulated front entrances, rich colours and varied roof lines, evoking historical Calgary streets. Evanston has been designed to offer its residents a harmonious living. From schools to green spaces, it has all the amenities that a home-owner dreams!
Recreation and Culture
- Nose Creek Recreation and Library Complex, Harvest Hills Blvd. and Panamount Blvd. NW
- Country Hills Golf Course 1334 Country Hills Blvd. NW, 403-226-7777
- Country Club of the Hamptons 69 Hamptons Drive NW, 403-239-1455
- Cardel Place 11950 Country Village Link NE, 403-532-1013
Parks & Green Spaces
216 Evanston View N.W.
195 Evansmeade Cm. N.W.
James Fowler, 4004-4th Street NW, 403-230-4743
William Aberhart (Fr), 009 Morley Trail NW, 403-289-2551
The University of Calgary 2500 University Drive NW, 403-220-5110
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology 1301-16th Avenue NW, 403-284-7248
Mount Royal College 4825 Mount Royal Gate, 403-440-6111
Alberta College of Art and Design 1407-14th Avenue NW, 403-284-7600
Arts & Entertainment
- Ambition Performing Arts Inc studio), Suite 222-11 Hidden Creek Dr NW, 403-375-0445.
- Empire Theatres Studio 16 (Cinemas), 300-388 Country Hills Blvd NE, 403-226-8685. With self-serve ticket kiosks, lots of screens, comfy seats, and a snack counter, the Empire Studio 16 (previously known as Silver City) has all the amenities without being crowded. If you’re tired of the line-ups or want to try out the cheap movie night on a Tuesday, you can venture out to Empire Theatre. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the listings for movies not widely played in other theatres!
- Beddington Towne Centre – 8120 Beddington Blvd. NW, 403-275-7971
- Country Hills Towne Centre – 500 Country Hills Blvd. NE, 403-210-1525
- Deerfoot Outlet Mall – 901-64th Avenue NE, 403-274-7024
- Market Mall – 3625 Shaganappi Trail NW, 403-288-5466
- Northland Village Mall – 5111 Northland Drive NW, 403-247-1393
- Creekside Shopping Centre – 11988 Symons Valley Rd. NW
- Brentwood Village – 3630 Brentwood Rd. NW, 403-282-9346
- Crowfoot Village – 155 Crowfoot Way NW
- Subway Panorama, 210-1110 Panatella Blvd NW, 403-730-1800. This is a fast food restaurant which offers different kinds of sandwich its consumer.
- Ajisai Japanese Cusine, 750-1110 Panatella Blvd NW, 403-457-3802
- Nha Trang Restaurant, 760-1110 Panatella Blvd NW, 403-262-8099
Shoppers Drug Mart, 12192 Symons Valley Rd NW, 403-274-0844 Address:
Calgary police service northeast District 7
11955 Country Village Link NE, 403-567-6700
Mon-Fri: 9 am to 7 pm – Sat-Sun: 8 am to 6 pm
- Advantage Health Creekside, 12192 Symons Valley Rd NW, (403) 239-6773
- Harvest Hills Family Health Clinic, 178 96 Ave NE, (403) 226-6148 * Health Sciences Association of Alberta, 200 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 250-8999
- Matrix Dental Labs, 110 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 210-0100
Churches & Religious Organisations
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 18 Hidden Creek Rd NW, 403-275-3630
- House of Blessing Church, 97 Harvest Oak Way NE, 403-226-0152
- Harvest Hills Alliance Church, 10099 Harvest Hills Blvd NW, 403-226-0990
- Total Population (2009): 4,599
- Total Dwellings (2009): 1,626
No sniplet called community-stats