Coventry Hills is a new-born suburban residential neighbourhood established in 1991 in the north-west quadrant of Calgary. It is bounded by Stoney Trail to the north, Deerfoot Trail, and the Nose Creek to the east, Country Hills Boulevard to the south, and Harvest Hills Boulevard to the west. The Harvest Hills golf course borders the community to the south. Currently, it is represented in the Calgary City Council by Ward 3 Alderman Jim Stevenson.
Homes & Real Estate
Although the Coventry Hills neighbourhood is new, it is developing rapidly, counting more than 15,000 residents today. It is a rather independent neighbourhood, where you can find beautiful, modern family homes. Most of the buildings are single-family detached homes that you can buy or rent. Only around 4% of houses in Coventry Hills are rented. The Coventry Hills real estate market is growing stronger and it is highly recommended if you’d like a quiet place to settle down.
Recreation & Parks
If you live in Coventry Hills, you’ll never get bored! Leisure time can be spent in one of its many golf courses. If you’re a nature lover, you can breathe fresh air and enjoy the outdoors in the nearby Nose Creek or the regional trails. If you seek a more demanding activity, you can always head for the Cardel Place, which offers a wide variety of recreational options, such as skating, swimming, and rock climbing. In this vibrant centre, you can even find preschool classes for your children (three to five years old).
A Calgary Public Library branch is located in the Coventry Hills Centre at 11950 Country Village Link. It’s situated on the corner of Harvest Hills Boulevard and Country Village Road NE, and can be reached by phone at (403) 260-2600.
Colonel McLeod 1610 – 6th Street N.E., (403) 777-7500
Coventry Hills, 12350 Coventry Hills Way NE, (403) 777-6025
King George, 2108 10th Street NW, (403) 777-6210
St. Pius X, 2312 18th Street NW, (403) 500-2015, Fax: (403) 500-2215
St. Clare, 12455 Coventry Hills Way NE, (403) 500-2102
Colonel McLeod, 1610 6th Street NE, (403) 777-7500
Georges P. Vanier, 509 32nd Avenue NE, (403) 777-7460
Ascension of Our Lord, 509 Harvest Hills Drive NE, (403) 500-2075
Madeleine D’Houet, 8 22nd Street NW, (403) 500-2008
Arts & Entertainment
Empire Studio 16 (Cinema), 300-388 Country Hills Blvd NE, (403) 226-8685. Previously known as Silver City, the Empire Studio 16 is equipped with self-serve ticket kiosks, many screens, comfy seats, and a snack counter. The good thing is that it’s never too crowded. Don’t miss the cheap movie night on Tuesdays and don’t forget to keep an eye on the listings for movies not widely played in other theatres!
Endless shopping facilities are located in the southwestern corner of the community.
- Coventry Hills Centre is easily accessible, with the majority of the neighbourhood’s retailers clustered here. Retailers in the area include Famous Players, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, and IGA.
- Real Canadian Superstore, this 145,000 square foot super market is adjacent to Coventry Hills Centre, 100 Country Village Road NE, (403) 567-4201
- Country Hills Town Centre is close by, on the north side of Country Hills Boulevard, east of Centre Street, with more than 52 shops and services.
- Mucho Burrito (Mexican), 388 Country Hills Blvd NE, (403) 452-6711
- Taurus Vietnamese Restaurant (Vietnamese), 500 Country Hills Blvd NE, (403) 567-1228
- Coventry (Greek), 12998 Coventry Hills Way NE
- La Paella (Spanish), 13300 6th St NE
- New Dynasty, 388 Country Hills Blvd NW, (403) 226-5828
- Palermo Family Restaurant (Italian, Pizza), 790 NE Coventry Drive, (403) 226-2566
- Demetra’s Family Restaurant (American — Traditional), 122-790 Coventry Dr NE, (403) 226-2566
The community is well-served by the Route 116 Coventry Hills Express as well as Route 86 Coventry Hills.
Residents enjoy easy access to many other parts of the city, as well as the airport, which is in close proximity.
CPS District 7 Location 11955 Country Village Link NE
Phone: (403) 567-6700
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M., Saturday and Sunday 8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Medical Centres & Doctors
- Paramount Dental, 130 Country Village Rd NE, (403) 730-9882
- Northern Hill Family Chiropractics, 130 Country Village Rd NE, (403) 282-5540
- Natalie Long (Chiropractor), 130 Country Village Rd NE, (403) 226-2997
Living Springs Church of Calgary, 270 Covepark Way NE, (403) 274-4234
- Total Population: 12,601 (2006)
- Immigrants: 12.9% (2000)
- Median household income: $70,096 (2000)
For more information, visit this page.