Harvest Hills, established in 1990, is a residential neighbourhood in the north-east quadrant of Calgary. It is built around Harvest Hills Lake and bounded by Deerfoot Trail to the east, by Beddington Trail to the south, by Country Hills Boulevard to the north and by Harvest Hills Boulevard to the west.
Most of the buildings in Harvest Hills are single-family detached homes (81,5% in 2006), while there are some semi-detached (4,6% in 2006), row houses and very few apartments. Most of the housing (more than 95%) is owned, and the average rent in the area is usually around $1.000.
Harvest Hills is one of the best options for families. It’s green, quiet and autonomous, with schools, shops and recreation opportunities.
Recreation & Culture
- Harvest Hills Golf Course, developed in the north-east corner in the Nose Creek valley, is a nine-hole golf course, with an 18-acre stormwater pond perfect for skating, boating and waterfowl.
- Harvest Hills is connected to the east-west pathway system for runners and cyclists.
- Cardel Place is only minutes away from Harvest Hills. It features a fitness centre, three gymnasiums, two NHL-sized arenas, multi-component aquatic facility, community meeting rooms and offices, community library, pro shop, medicine clinic, child-care services and food service facilities.
- Harvest Hills lake.
Arts & Entertainment
- Empire Studio 16, 300-388 Country Hills Blvd NE, (403) 226-8685
Previously known as Silver City, the Empire Studio 16 is equipped with self-serve ticket kiosks, many screens, comfy seats, and a snack counter. The good thing is that it’s never too crowded. Don’t miss cheap movie night on Tuesdays and don’t forget to keep an eye on the listings for movies not widely played in other theatres!
- Starchevski School of Ballet, 200 Country Hills Landng NW, (403) 226-8874
- Dance On Edge, 9650 Harvest Hills Boulevard NE, (403) 226-9943
Calgary Public Library, 11950 Country Village Link NE,(403) 260-2600
178 Harvest Glen Way N.E.*
95R Harvest Hills Dr. N.E.*
245 Harvest Gold Ci. N.E.*
39 Harvest Gold Ht. N.E.*
123 Harvest Oak Ri. N.E.*
43 Harvest Rose Gd. N.E.*
31 Harvest Glen Ri. N.E.
384 Harvest Lake Dr. N.E.
100R Hawkwood Hill N.W.
*indicates the park has a playground
For more information about schools in Harvest Hills, click here
- A large T&T market was opened in the area.
- Beddington Towne Centre with several stores and a Calgary Co-op.
- Deerfoot Mall, 901 64th Avenue NE, Calgary, (403) 274-7024, across the Deerfoot Trail.
- Country Hills Town Centre, on the north side of Country Hills Boulevard east of Centre Street, containing 120,000 square feet of retail space including a food store.
- T.Pot China Bistro, 100 – 9650 Harvest Hills Blvd NE, (403) 532-3982
- Taurus Vietnamese Restaurant, 500 Country Hills Blvd NE, (403) 567-1228
- Dragon Garden Restaurant, 33 Harvest Hills Dr NE, (403) 226-3883
- Mother’s Pizza, 10 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 295-8760
- Papa John’s Pizza, 177 Country Hills Boulevard NW, (403) 567-2000
- McDonald’s Restaurants, 177 Country Hills Blvd NW, (403) 226-9840
- Vietnam Sub &Grill, 10 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 262-8819
Harvest Hills is well served by the Route 88 Harvest Hills and the
Route 109 Harvest Hills Express. The community has direct access to the major northwest transportation routes, which include Country Hills Boulevard and Deerfoot Trail, providing ease of access to any point in the city. Residents enjoy easy access via Calgary transit. Harvest Hills is also just few minutes from the Calgary International Airport.
Canada Post, 500 Country Hills Dr NW, (403) 226-5787
CPS District 7 Location
11955 Country Village Link NE, (403) 567-6700
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Harvest Hills Family Health Clinic, 178 96 Ave NE, (403) 226-6148
- Newport Harbour Care Centre, 10 Country Village Cove NE, (403) 567-5100
- Bethany Care Society, 19 Harvest Gold Manor NE, (403) 226-8200
- Health Sciences Association of Alberta, 200 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 250-8999
- Matrix Dental Labs, 110 Country Hills Landing NW, (403) 210-0100
Churches & Religious Organizations
- LDS Missionaries, 8023 Huntington Road NE, (403) 516-1638
- Catholic Churches & Institutions, 1100 Berkshire Boulevard NW, (403) 275-2240
- Christian & Missionary Alliance, 150 Beddington Boulevard NE, (403) 274-6923
- Calgary Chinese Alliance Church, 150 Beddington Boulevard NE, (403) 274-6923
- Harvest Hills Alliance Church, 10099 Harvest Hills Boulevard NW, (403) 226-0990
- Total population (2006): 7,455
- Median household income (2000): $78,949
- Low income residents (2000): 5%
- Immigrants (2000): 13.1%
For more information about Harvest Hills statistics, click here
Harvest Hills Sales Statistics for the week of Sept. 26 – Oct. 02, 2011
|Average days on market||24||n/a|